Senior Cloud Consultant â€“ VMWare
Raindance is seeking aÂ Cloud Automation Engineer / ConsultantÂ with experience building, automating, scaling, and operating highly available infrastructure and services in cloud environments. As a Cloud Automation Engineer the candidate will gather and analyze customer requirements and design, develop and configure the IaaS management layer of private and hybrid clouds for our customers. You will be required to be a team oriented individual with the desire for a fast paced, rapid growing environment. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
Implementation of and consultation around key Cloud and Automation technologies at Raindance customers, including but not limited to:
- Provide technical, consultative and delivery services to customers in the areas of cloud computing and automation, such as developing workflows for use in various automation scenarios.
- Assist customers with the development and support of service integrationâ€™s, automation, and orchestration of components necessary to deliver cloud services.
- Build service catalogs, blueprints, and automated workflows using the full vRealize Suite.
- Assist the Professional Services team to develop offerings including proven architectures, proofs of concept, and best practices and procedures for delivery.
- Utilize a variety of tools, techniques and procedures to resolve problems.
- Assist and support team members in executing projects on time.
- Obtain and maintain certifications in your focused discipline; we will provide and pay for the necessary training programs and examination fees to enable you to achieve this certification.
- Provide internal training and knowledge transfer to other technical consultants and staff, as requested or necessary.
- On non-billable days, assist with practice development activities, train in our Demo Lab and assist in PS Sales activities, as requested and necessary.
- Help to develop and drive marketing and visibility of Raindance to the marketplace.
- Mentor less senior technical talent at the company and provide technical advice
- Use our consulting to help drive product sales
- Help to develop Raindance branding value
- Help to develop and improve Raindance marketing offerings
- Experience with VMware vRealize Automation (vRA), VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO or vCO), VMware vCenter, and VMware vROPS.
- 4+ year professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale VMware environments. VirtualCenter, vSphere 4/5/6) in development and production settings, including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
- Gather business and technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of automation workflows.
- Contribute to the development of client deliverables such as capacity assessment reports, requirements documents, technical architectures/designs, IT process flows, operational procedures, training plans, and more.
- Experience with AWS, vCloud Air, Azure, and DevOps concepts a plus.
- ServiceNow, ITSM, or ServiceWatch experience a plus.
- Familiarity with HPâ€™s Cloud and Automation Portfolio a plus
- Familiarity with UCS, Vblocks, and NSX a plus.
- VCP5/6 certification.
- Highly organized, with strong communication, and consultative experience and skills.
- Flexibility to use skills in varying roles within a young and growing company.
- Tolerant of ambiguity (frequent change, unresolved situations).
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environment.
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements.
- Able to travel minimum of 50% or as needed according to customer project requirements.
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction.
- Able work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and lead architect.
- Able to provide technical support to the presales teams for services and product support.
- Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills with a willingness to become familiar with new technologies and products
- Able to obtain related technical certifications as needed.
- Ability to communicate to technical & non-technical audience
- Able to communicate effectively in written form.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Contact Us: email@example.com