Raindance is seeking aÂ DevOps ConsultantÂ with experience developing solutions that leverage, integrate, and provide continuity across the IT disciplines of Development, Quality, Automation, and Operations Management. As a DevOps Consultant, the candidate will gather and analyze customer requirements andÂ help lead continuous integration, delivery, automation, and infrastructure-as-code efforts for multiple cloud service offerings. You will be required to be a team oriented individual with the desire for a fast paced, rapid growing environment. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
Providing implementation of and consultation around key DevOps processes and technologies for Raindance clients, DevOps Consultants:
- Provide technical, consultative, and delivery services to customers for DevOps initiatives.
- Assist the Professional Services team to develop offerings including proven architectures, proofs of concept, and best practices for delivery.
- Utilize a variety of tools, techniques, and procedures to resolve problems.
- Assist and support team members in executing projects on time.
- Obtain and maintain certifications within the DevOps discipline;Â Raindance will sponsorÂ necessary training programs and examination fees to enable certifications.
- Provide internal training and knowledge transfer to other technical consultants and staff, as requested or necessary.
- On non-billable days, assist with practice development activities, train in our Demo Lab, and assist in PS Sales activities, as requested and necessary.
- Help to develop and drive marketing and visibility of Raindance to the marketplace.
- Mentor less senior technical talent at the company and provide technical advice.
- Use consulting to help drive product sales.
- Help to develop Raindance branding value.
- Help to develop and improve Raindance marketing offerings.
- Expertise in multiple DevOps tool sets such as: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, SaltStack, and GitHub among others.
- 4+ year professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale environments in development and production settings, including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
- Gather business and technical requirements necessary for the design, development and implementation of DevOps processes.
- Experience with the VMware and HP product suites, AWS, Azure, and Agile concepts is a plus.
- Highly organized, with strong communication, and consultative experience and skills.
- Flexibility to use skills in varying roles within a young and growing company.
- Tolerant of ambiguity (frequent change, unresolved situations).
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environment.
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements.
- Able to travel minimum of 50% or as needed according to customer project requirements.
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction.
- Able work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and lead architect.
- Able to provide technical support to the presales teams for services and product support.
- Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills with a willingness to become familiar with new technologies and products.
- Able to obtain related technical certifications as needed.
- Able to communicate to technical & non-technical audience.
- Able to communicate effectively in written form.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org