Senior ChefÂ Consultant
Raindance is seeking a Senior Chef ConsultantÂ with deep experience developing recipes and cookbooks. As a SeniorÂ Consultant, the candidate will gather and analyze customer requirements andÂ help lead continuous integration, delivery, automation, and infrastructure-as-code efforts for multiple cloud service offerings. You will be required to be a team oriented individual with the desire for a fast paced, rapid growing environment. The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
This is a 12 month contract to hire position.
Location: Anywhere, USA
Providing implementation of and consultation around Chef technologies,Â processes, and technologies for Raindance clients:
- Act as a Chef expert on behalf of Raindance and customers to help them perform enterprise configuration management of their server builds.
- Custom recipe development is required to help enable infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and infrastructure-as-code (IaC).Â Technologies for which recipes are required include Tomcat and Oracle.
- Assist the Professional Services team to develop offerings leveraging Chef including proven architectures, proofs of concept, and best practices for delivery.
- Utilize a variety of tools, techniques, and procedures to resolve problems.
- Assist and support team members in executing projects on time.
- Obtain and maintain certifications within the ChefÂ discipline;Â Raindance will sponsorÂ necessary training programs and examination fees to enable certifications.
- Provide internal training and knowledge transfer to other technical consultants and staff, as requested or necessary.
- On non-billable days, assist with practice development activities, train in our Demo Lab, and assist in PS Sales activities, as requested and necessary.
- Help to develop and drive marketing and visibility of Raindance to the marketplace.
- Mentor less senior technical talent at the company and provide technical advice.
- Use consulting to help drive product sales.
- Help to develop Raindance branding value.
- Help to develop and improve Raindance marketing offerings.
- Extensive experience working with Chef in an Enterprise environment
- Ruby on Rails (RoR) developer experience
- 4+ year professional, hands on experience with mid to large scale environments in development and production settings, including implementing, troubleshooting, managing, configuring, and patching.
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Expertise with Inspec for unit and integration testing a plus.
- Expertise in additionalÂ DevOps tool sets such as Puppet, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, SaltStack, and GitHub among others is a plus.
- Experience with the VMware and HP product suites, AWS, Azure, and Agile concepts is a plus.
- Highly organized, with strong communication, and consultative experience and skills.
- Flexibility to use skills in varying roles within a young and growing company.
- Tolerant of ambiguity (frequent change, unresolved situations).
- Able to work in high-profile, potentially stressful customer environment.
- Able to work flexible schedules, evenings and weekends, according to project requirements.
- Able to travel minimum of 25% or as needed according to customer project requirements.
- Able to deliver small projects with minimal oversight and direction.
- Able work as a member of a team on large projects taking direction from a project manager and lead architect.
- Able to provide technical support to the presales teams for services and product support.
- Able to conduct self-study and independent work in lab facilities to increase job related knowledge and skills with a willingness to become familiar with new technologies and products.
- Able to obtain related technical certifications as needed.
- Able to communicate to technical & non-technical audience.
- Able to communicate effectively in written form.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a 12 month contract to hire position.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org